Denis Volkov, Attorney at Law
Meet your attorney:
Denis Volkov is the founder and principal of Volkov Law Firm, PLLC. He is a graduate of Guilford College (B.A., with honors) and University of Minnesota Law School (J.D., cum laude). Mr. Volkov is duly admitted to practice law before the courts of the State of North Carolina, as well as federal courts, since 2007. His major area of specialization is bankruptcy law, immigration, personal injury and workers’ compensation. Mr. Volkov also has extensive experience in civil litigation, traffic law and other matters.
Prior to moving to Greensboro and opening his firm, Mr. Volkov practiced in the litigation department of a prominent law firm in Charlotte, North Carolina. There Mr. Volkov worked on commercial litigation, creditors’ rights and insurance defense, among others. He has gained first-hand experience into inner workings of major insurance companies, as well as banks and collection agencies. Now he uses this valuable insight to serve his clients’ interests.
Native of Moscow, Russia, Mr. Volkov is bilingual, speaking both English and Russian. Being an immigrant himself, Mr. Volkov has personal knowledge of the immigration system. This personal experience gives him a unique perspective on the challenges faced by immigrants. This experience also allows him to be an invaluable counselor in helping clients to navigate through the immigration process and all the possible difficulties involved.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, Juris Doctor, cum laude, 2007
• Member of National Moot Court
• Book Award: Statutory Interpretation
- Guilford College, Greensboro, NC, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2003
• Graduated with Honors, Dean’s List
• Andrea Gerlak Senior Excellence Award in Political Science
- Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, Moscow, Russia, Law, 1997 – 2001
Admitted and Licensed to Practice Law
- North Carolina State Bar
- U.S. Federal District Court for Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. Federal District Court for Western District of North Carolina