Car, truck and motorcycle accidents are an unfortunate, yet very common events. In fact, traffic accidents are the most common type of personal injury case. A serious car accident can greatly impact your life. If you are seriously injured, you may need extensive medical treatment. While you are unable to work, you may lose income necessary to pay for your bills. At Volkov Law Firm, our goal is to help you obtain full compensation for all the losses you suffered due to a motor vehicle accident.
When a Car Accident Happens
If you are involved in an automobile collision:
- Do not to leave the scene of an accident without first stopping to see whether there are damages or injuries. Under North Carolina state law a person may be criminally prosecuted for leaving the scene of an automobile accident.
- Ensure that the auto accident is reported to the police. When the police respond to your call, the officer will obtain the other driver’s information (name, address and insurance) and prepare an auto accident report.
- Do not refuse medical attention if you need it as a result of the auto accident. Go to the hospital or make an appointment with your family doctor immediately.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
Auto Accident Compensation
The compensation in a car accident case varies. Injuries may vary from minor to serious and permanent. In most cases if another driver was at fault, you should be able to recover damages to pay for:
- Medical and Rehabilitation Expenses
- Lost Wages and Income
- Physical Pain and Suffering
- Property Damage
- Depending on the circumstances, you may also be entitled to compensation for physical disability, loss of consortium, wrongful death damages, etc.
Compensation can be obtained through negotiating a settlement with the insurer or in court. You need to remember that insurance companies are never on your side. Dealing with the insurance company can be very stressful. Having legal representation is important to avoid negative consequences.
Attorney Volkov has experience representing victims of auto accidents. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car crash, call us today at 336-609-3400. In addition to helping with your claim for personal injury, you also receive assistance in your claim for property damage. Attorney Volkov is available to answer your questions. The consultation is free.